Wall Control metal pegboard storage panels offer both conventional pegboard holes as well as slotted pegboard holes. Wall Control pegboard panels give you the versatility of continued use of conventional pegboard pegs as well as the option to upgrade at any time to Wall Control's patented secure hooks, brackets, and shelves. All products are Made in the USA.
- More than ten times stronger than conventional pegboard
- Galvanized steel pegboard panels accept slotted, stable, and more secure hooks, pegs, brackets, and shelves
- Steel panel prevents the pegboard holes from fraying and wearing out over time
- Steel pegboards are constructed with a pre-formed 3/4-inch flange that separates the panel storage surface from the wall
- Pegboard panels mount directly into studs or sheet rock with no framework required
- Shipping Weight: 13.6 pounds
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory:: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B001J6FSDS
- Item model number: 30-P-3232GV
I purchased a set of the Wall Control specific hangers and my review is posted there.
Noticing some deflection.
I bought this item because I liked the look of it. I am happy with it for sure. I like the spaced back, and how easy it was to mount. I hung mine laterally to fit the space between some shelves and my workbench, so maybe this is the reason. The steel is a decent gauge, but I can’t see how it is sturdier than fiber pegboard? I made a pegboard portable cart out of fiber pegboard, and it can support my 30 amp sawzall, radial saw, jigsaw, and hammers galore without any visible deflection. On top of that, the supports are 30″ apart on the cart.
This steel pegboard, mounted on 16″ centers, is just ok. I like it, and use it to put up some magnetic holders for small parts I am working with. I would not advise hanging these sideways even though they seem to be set up for that (16″ screw holes on all sides), but then again, I also do not know how they function vertically. This was just my experience with them.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.